Working draft. Still editing and reworking the announcement from the Mediterranean Wetlands Initiative
#NatureForAll (NFA) will be launched at the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) World Conservation Congress (WCC) in Hawai’i September 2-10, 2016.
More information, read the document here
In the lead-up to the Congress NFA is reaching out to existing and new partners, with a focus on building a coalition of organizations and individuals who share this vision. You can be a part of:
- #NatureForAll’s Social media presence: Visit NFA on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and help broaden NFA’s reach by hashtagging #NatureForAll.
- For Me, Nature is…: Contribute social media posts of photos that show your feelings in nature. Watch and share this video for more information.
- #NatureForAll Greenhouse: Be a Mentor or Supporter to one of three finalists of the NFA Greenhouse, an accelerator that has sought out projects from around the world that are connecting people to nature. Contact Crista Valentino at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Social Media Influencers: Reach out to emerging social media influencers in your network with strong YouTube audiences to ask them do a short piece on their interaction with nature. Contact Tomasz Wiercicoh at email@example.com for more information.
During the 2016 IUCN World Conservation Congress the NFA pavilion will be a central gathering place and focal point for the journey and for celebrating, catalysing, and showcasing global efforts to connect people to nature. You can be a part of:
- The NFA launch event: On September 2 at 11:00 AM and in other engaging, interactive sessions throughout the pavilion programme. Check out our pavilion program and the journey here.
- Plays for Nature (Nature Playbook): Contribute video submissions that capture stories and actions about connecting with nature (Nature Plays). Contact Tomasz Wiercioch at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- NatureRX Video: contribute in the filming of a new creative video that will be part of this comedic viral video
- Building the Choir: Be a part of a video, podcast, and performance of a ‘connecting people to nature’ song being written at WCC. Contact Tomasz Wiercioch at email@example.com for more information.
- The Studio Photo Booth: Use the NFA pavilion photo booth and share photos and videos via social media.
- Airbrush Tattoos: Get a tattoo and participate in accompanying social media contest.
- #NatureForAll Fireside Chats: collectively develop strategies and commitments to grow the #NatureForAll movement – from 8:30 to 10:30 September 3-6 at the NFA pavilion.
Build momentum and scale up action so that Partners and projects from around the world will be promoted and shared as a foundation for learning from each other and scaling up action. You can:
- Benefit from cross-promotion by co-branding new or existing projects or programs with #NatureForAll. Share your experiences and lessons by requesting a form for a NFA case study and collaborate with other #NatureForAll partners to scale up existing programs that connect new audiences with nature, or develop new ones. Check here for partnership and brand guidelines.