This is her sixth State of Vegas address. I have not attended in person, but thanks to livestreaming video, anyone around the world can access the mayorial assessment of the preceding year in one of the world’s most storied cities. Hashtag:
The video was streamed live Thursday, January 12, 5pm PST:
https://livestream.com/accounts/11449855/events/6840049, YouTube: https://youtu.be/xNQoL47tmWQ and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CityOfLasVegas
- Is anyone periscoping corridor moments or any of the happenings before or after the address?
- Is there a transcript of the mayor’s address
- Could the city provide close captions on the video?
- Can someone livestream the press conference?
1. With the creation of new nearby national monuments (Tule Springs, Basin and Range, Gold Butte) and the proximity of other parks and reserves (Lake Mead, Valley of Fire, Red Rock Canyon, Spring Mountains, Sloan Canyon), what are the strategies for integrating and promoting local ecotourism?
2. 2017 is the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development. How does this apply in Las Vegas?
3. What are the hometown accomplishments in terms of developing responsible travel (aka better places to live are better places to visit)?
4. Regarding Downtown Las Vegas: Can someone explain bike rental for locals and visitors? Are there any guided walks led by locals?
5. One of the stated goals the past two years is for Las Vegas to become a Net Zero City. Are there details about the Net Zero City strategy online?
6. Is Las Vegas doing anything in terms of offsetting carbon emissions from incoming visitors, particularly those arriving via long-haul travel?
Last year I used Storify to curate tweets. This year I’m using Twitter Moments: