Photo: Eric Burgers, Yolanda Reef
How will COP14 be different from COP13?
What would locals like us to know about Egypt?
How do we translate text into Arabic?
How should we evaluate the 14th meeting of the Conference of the Parties (#COP14)? Here is our wish list for the event:
- Facebook, Flickr, Google Docs, Instagram
- Livestreaming and archived video (YouTube, Periscope)
- Resources for remote participants
4) We’d like COP14 to engage locals in Egypt and teach visitors about Egypt
5) We’d like COP14 to be a catalyst for satellite events and viewing parties
6) We’d like COP14 to be particularly friendly to Indigenous Peoples and local communities
7) We’d like COP14 to serve as an example of responsible travel embedded in conservation events
8) We’d like COP14 to serve as an example of Open Access, Open Education and Open Journalism
— UN Biodiversity (@UNBiodiversity) December 13, 2016
— Rafael Pacchiano A. (@RafaelPacchiano) December 13, 2016
— UN Biodiversity (@UNBiodiversity) December 4, 2016
— Ron Mader (@ronmader) December 13, 2016