Photo: Bartłomiej Banaszak, Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa, State of Conservation
July 2-12, 2017 Kraków, Poland hosts the 41st Session of UNESCO’s World Heritage Committee. The event is notable for its adoption of new world heritage sites as well as the potential for delisting sites that are not fulfilling their commitments. This week Planeta.com is updating this resource guide, adding links and curating a Twitter moment.
Provisional timetable http://whc.unesco.org/archive/2017/whc17-41com-3B-en.pdf
- What would locals like visitors to know about Kraków? About Poland?
- In this International year of Sustainable Tourism, what are the overlapping issues at #41WHC?
- In this Year of Open, how does the WHC make resources available to be shared and remixed?
- Will media conferences be streamed online and if so, will they accept questions from remote participants?
- Do videos have transcripts or captions?
- How is Twitter being used to document and keep track of discussions at #41WHC?
Looking Ahead to #42WHC
- Are Planeta.com readers interested in editing the wiki or contributing to a Google Doc during the session?