May is Bike Month.
May 14-18 is League of American Bicyclists National Bike to Work Week. In Las Vegas, the week is … Bike Week Las Vegas. Hashtag: #BikeWeekLV
We will be featuring biking stories, tweets and videos throughout 2018 on this page. Suggestions are welcome.
- Any events or meetups scheduled?
- Is there an online map or apps featuring the bike lanes in Las Vegas, Clark County and Henderson?
- Are there videos of bike rides?
- How do I take my bike on the bus?
- Is there bike valet at any of the Stanley Cup playoff viewing parties?
- Are there other Bike Weeks in 2018?
- When is the next Nevada Bicycle and Pedestrian Summit?
- What are the dates of Bike to Work Week 2019?
Elsewhere on the Web
40% of all trips in the USA are less than two miles, making bicycling a feasible and fun way to get to work. With increased interest in healthy, sustainable and economic transportation options, it’s not surprising that, from 2000 to 2013, the number of bicycle commuters in the U.S. grew by more than 62 percent.
Hundreds of U.S. communities have been successful in increasing bicycle commuting by providing Bike to Work Week and Bike to Work Day events.
Need a lift with your bike for #bikeweekLV? The Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada has some tips on how to ride a bike with RTC Transit.
All Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada… https://t.co/Q0424O9Bm6
— SNVBC (@mysnvbc) May 13, 2018
Combine bicycling and Las Vegas stadiums/arenas and you get a morning bicycle ride linking up stadiums and arenas in #Vegas. https://t.co/lBlPMwxiab@sbjsbd @darrenrovell @paula_benway @BicyclingMag @realrickarpin @lasvegascyclery @RTCSNV pic.twitter.com/XejiAh3ECG
— LVSportsBiz.com (@LVSportsBiz) June 15, 2018