Oklahoma City, Oklahoma – The Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC) – http://www.cec.org – held its annual Regular Session of the CEC Council, composed of the environment ministers of Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
The Council Chair, US Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt, hosted Canadian Environment and Climate Change Minister Catherine McKenna and Mexico’s Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources Rafael Pacchiano Alamán.
Tweets by CECweb
- Are the videos archived online?
- Are there transcripts?
- Are any of the presentations/readings available online?
- Is there a directory of participants?
- What is the status of responsible travel / ecotourism / Indigenous tourism in North America? Any lessons from Oklahoma?
- What would locals like visitors to know about Oklahoma?
Participate virtually – join the live broadcast and online discussions.
If you cannot attend the CEC Council Session and JPAC forum in person, you can participate in portions of the meeting online via Facebook Live or webcast. Send questions and comments on social media via Facebook or Twitter using the handle (@CECweb) and/or the hashtag #Oklahoma2018.
The public registered is welcome to participate at the Session in the following events:
- June 26 – A one-day public forum of the CEC Joint Public Advisory Committee (JPAC) focused on emerging topics related to environment and economic growth, including increasing private sector engagement in CEC trilateral initiatives and highlighting examples of successful indigenous community and private sector collaborations
- June 26 – The opening event of the XXV Council Session at the Convention Center and welcoming reception with the Ministers
- June 27 – A Ministerial dialogue on Innovation and Partnerships for Green Growth with state, academic, and private sector representatives from North America, and presentations by the Canadian, Mexican, and United States winners of this year’s CEC Youth Innovation Challenge
- June 27 – An exhibition showcasing CEC’s work to protect and enhance North America’s environment
— CEC (@CECweb) May 11, 2018
Welcomed delegations from Canada and Mexico to the great state of Oklahoma for the #CEC. Looking forward to discussions on innovation & partnership on environmental stewardship. pic.twitter.com/bXAYJxZoZZ
— Administrator Pruitt (@EPAScottPruitt) June 26, 2018
— CEC (@CECweb) June 27, 2018
— planetanews (@planetanews) June 27, 2018