Questions = Preguntas
- How is this event organized? = ¿Cómo se organiza este evento?
- Is there a directory of participants? = ¿Hay un directorio de participantes?
- What is a traditional cook? = ¿Qué es una cocinera tradicional?
- How do you translate Encuentro de Cocineras Tradicionales de Oaxaca in other languages, particularly Oaxaca’s Indigenous languages?
- Where do you recommend eating in Oaxaca City? = ¿Dónde recomienda comer en la ciudad de Oaxaca?
- Can you recommend any cooks? ¿Puede recomendar cocinera/os específicos?
- Can the conference presentations be shared via live or recorded video? = ¿Se pueden compartir las presentaciones de la conferencia a través de video en vivo o grabado?
Translating: Encuentro de Cocineras Tradicionales del Oaxaca
English: Gathering of Oaxaca’s Traditional Cooks
Zapotec (Teotitlán del Valle): Xhlany xhpeñ guaw Law La’
This event is held within the framework of the Gastronomic September of Oaxaca of my Flavors 2019, and aims to promote, safeguard and disseminate the traditional kitchens of the state and thus publicize this important manifestation of cultural heritage. The head of the Seculta, Adriana Aguilar Escobar, informed that the Traditional Association of Traditional Cooks of Oaxaca will make the selection of 60 traditional cooks, six wineries and six confectioners, seeking the inclusion of the greatest diversity of kitchens and their cooks from the eight regions of the state. The call establishes that those interested must have been born in the state of Oaxaca and be recognized in their community as a traditional cook, cook native or rooted dishes in the place where they reside in addition to using traditional techniques and utensils to prepare them. The participant can register up to two assistants.