Photo: F Delventhal, Cartwheel
Costa Rica has 4% of global biodiversity and the country has attracted tropical biologists, ecologists and nature-loving visitors seeking a peaceful vacation. The country is bordered by Nicaragua to the north, Panama to the southeast, the Pacific Ocean to the west and the Caribbean Sea to the east.
The country is home to several UNESCO World Heritage Sites, four types of forest and more than 500 species of flora and fauna, with more than 26 percent of its territory comprising national parks and other protected areas.
The capitol is San José.
August 24 Día de Parques Nacionales de Costa Rica (National Parks Day)
Questions for locals
- What would you like visitors to know about Costa Rica?
Questions for visitors
- What books and apps do you take?
- What Facebook pages can you recommend?
- Who do you recommend visiting?
- Where do you recommend visiting?
Elsewhere on the Web