Poster: 2018 Conference
European ecotourism – we have a lot of questions.
During the 2002 Ecotourism Summit several European leaders were hopeful that ecotourism could be protective of rural wilderness and respect urban nature.
This Planeta.com guide is a work-in-progress, particularly as we prepare for the next European Ecotourism Summit.
Facebook: European Ecotourism Conference
Planeta.com host Ron Mader will offer online video workshops via Periscope and FacebookLive.
Ron Mader: I think from the Western hemisphere we tend to focus on the cities and built environments in Europe. The natural worlds – from city parks and botanical gardens to national parks and protected areas – are rarely part of the travelogues. That said, it’s important to stress to European advocates of conscious, responsible, nature-based travel that it is critical that you explain the basics.
- To the organizers and participants – Will the conference have live and recorded video?
- Is there a directory of participants? Bonus points for a directory with bios and social web links
- How can remote participants and superfans of European Ecotourism amplify and interact with local advocates?
- Can Planeta.com assist as a media-partner of your events?
- To the public – What would locals like visitors to know about their corner of Europe? Paint a picture of the kind of tourism you’d like to see.
- Are any of the related publications and online resources focusing on European Ecotourism open access? Bonus points for OER.
European Ecotourism Network