Facebook is a prominent and controversial social web network in which there is no single ‘home’ page but viewers see different configurations of posts displayed via algorithms calculated to monetize the members.
Planeta.com would like to help friends and colleagues make the most of Facebook, particularly via pages, groups and events … and in turn, figuring it out ourselves.
If you are creating or participating in an event on the ground, check out the relevant pages on Facebook. Bonus point for making events and posts easy to embed on other websites.
For current users, highly recommended is downloading one’s own Facebook data. Easy to do from the settings page: https://www.facebook.com/settings
2019 Status report for the Planeta Page page:
744 people like this
755 people follow this
- How can we make groups and pages more useful? = ¿Cómo podemos hacer que los grupos y páginas sean más útiles?
- Without buying ads or bots, how do we increase the number of members and followers? = Sin comprar anuncios o bots, ¿cómo aumentamos el número de miembros y seguidores?
- For those hosting a group or page online, what are your lessons learned? = Para aquellos que hospedan un grupo o una página en línea, ¿cuáles son sus lecciones aprendidas?
- What are your favorite Facebook pages or groups? = ¿Cuáles son tus páginas o grupos de Facebook favoritos?
(11.2018) Curiously on my laptop and Firefox, I’m not able to read Facebook comments. Comments do appear on the smartphone and tablet.
What We Like
Core skills (Digital Literacy Quiz)
- Have you created an account on Facebook?
- Have you created a public album on your Facebook account?
- Have you added a status update?
- Have you commented on a friend’s post?
- Have you liked a friend’s post?
- Have you adjusted notifications on or off for your friends?
- Have you uploaded photos?
- Have you updated your cover photo, aka avatar?
- Have you downloaded an image from Facebook?
- Mobile users: Have you checked in to a particular place?
Given the recent scandal regarding Cambridge Analytica, we are reconsidering our use of Facebook. While some call for people to delete Facebook accounts, we are decidedly on the fence, finding the social web channel a useful tool to stay in touch with friends.
This page will be updated accordingly. Your thoughts?
An invite to like Planeta.com
Una invitación para dar un me gusta a Planeta.com
Mercados de Oaxaca https://www.facebook.com/groups/mercadosdeoaxaca
Indigenous Tourism https://www.facebook.com/indigenoustourism
IUCN Tourism https://www.facebook.com/IUCNTourism
RT Networking https://www.facebook.com/groups/rtnetworking
Global Ecotourism Network https://www.facebook.com/groups/GlobalEcotourismNetwork
— Ron Mader (@ronmader) April 7, 2017
Good way to procrastinate: What does Facebook know about you? Go to Settings > Ad Preferences > Your information > Your Categories pic.twitter.com/a4XCB2VMWt
— alicetiara (@alicetiara) February 9, 2018
I have never resisted a social-media thing as strongly as my refusal to download Facebook Messenger.
— Matt Pearce 🦅 (@mattdpearce) August 7, 2018