The event is jointly organized by the French Ministry for the Ecological and Inclusive Transition and the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and brings together leaders from government, civil society, Indigenous peoples’ organizations, business, and academia to determine the world’s most pressing environmental and development challenges, and actions to address them.
- What is the hashtag for the event?
- Will the event have live and recorded video?
- Are there shared, public google docs?
- How will the 2020 Congress be different from the event in 2016?
- What would locals like visitors to know about Marseille?
The last IUCN World Conservation Congress, held in 2016 in Hawaiʻi, United States of America, was attended by some 10,000 participants from 192 countries.
If you think your future has nothing to do with #nature, think again.
Join the action to save our planet.
— IUCN (@IUCN) February 26, 2020