The French Ministry for the Ecological and Inclusive Transition and IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, today signed an agreement to jointly organize the next IUCN World Conservation Congress, to be held in June 11-19, 2020 in Marseille, France.
Held every four years, the IUCN Congress is the world’s largest conservation event. It brings together leaders from government, civil society, indigenous peoples’ organizations, business and academia to determine the world’s most pressing environmental and development challenges, and actions to address them.
The last IUCN World Conservation Congress, held in 2016 in Hawaiʻi, United States of America, was attended by some 10,000 participants from 192 countries.
- What is the hashtag for the event?
- Will the event have live and recorded video?
- Are there shared google docs or wikis?
- How will the 2020 Congress be different from the event in 2016?
- What would locals like visitors to know about Marseille?