Photo: UNLV Library
Library = A building or room containing collections of books, periodicals, and sometimes films and recorded music for people to read, borrow, or refer to.
Planeta.com spotlights good practices around the world and we’ll be mentioning some of our favorite libraries cultural connections on May 21, #CulturalDiversityDay. Join us for our linguistic pachanga September 8, International Literacy Day.
Many libraries are forward-thinking, digitally literate and public-facing. Examples please!
- What is a library?
- What is your favorite public library?
- What makes a library effective in 2018?
- Does your library have a Facebook page? Twitter account? Other social web interactive platforms?
- What roles do libraries play now compared to 20 years ago? 10 years ago? 10 years from now?
- In what ways are libraries helpful to out-of-town visitors?
- In what ways do libraries help connect locals with a diverse cultural world?
- In what ways do libraries interact with digital literacy efforts?
- Any suggestions for library superfans?
The future of libraries isn’t paper vs digital, but rather how digital extends the power of written knowledge.
– Francesco Pisano
— Scott Kerr (@scott_kerr) November 2, 2017
— Bodleian Libraries (@bodleianlibs) November 15, 2017
Libraries literally aren't just a place to obtain books for free. They're one of the few public spaces left in our society where you're allowed to exist without the expectation of spending money.
— long tweets mcgee (@_Amanda_Killian) December 21, 2017
Henderson Libraries showing off digital literacy tools at #strollandroll https://t.co/DGYblzWFcX @hendersonlibs @cityofhenderson @HendSportandRec @LasVegasLocally @Visit_Henderson @gvrcasino @getoutdoorsnv pic.twitter.com/6jFUw6wgn1
— Ron Mader (@ronmader) November 18, 2017