Pet Peeve = something that a person finds particularly annoying
- Tweets which are automatically posted from a Facebook account
- Error establishing a database connection
- Email with attachments
- Constant Contact
- Mailing lists
- People taking offense when I ask that they unsubscribe me from a mailing list
- The printer is not responding
- Database error
- Clicking ‘remember me’ to no avail
- session timeouts
- apple tv: inability to login on livestream
- Unreliable narrators
Also: Anonymous Market People and Named Photographers
A Journey Through the South of Mexico, Where Craftsmanship Meets Colorful Style
After a long day of crafting her wares of red clay, or barro rojo, Macrina, one of the head artisans in this remote Zapotec village inhabited strictly by women in Oaxaca’s Central Valleys, enjoys a moment of respite in her studio. She is the latest in a succession of over 12 generations of women working in this traditional craft, and the methods haven’t changed. Over the course of the day, she had let me look over every part of her process, starting with the hardened red clay dug up by hand in the nearby mountains, to the hand-forming, burnishing, and baking of the ceramics. Her finished pieces were stored here, and she shared her many fabulous creations with me with a beaming sense of pride and calm command of the room.
- What are your pet peeves?
- What are your technical/technology pet peeves?
- What buzzwords annoy you?
Please…..enough of the term 'bucket list' #FOF
— catherine mack (@catherinemack) April 26, 2013
— James P. Reza (@AuthenticVegas) July 12, 2014
Pet Peeves: Wikipedia does not accept firsthand information as a legitimate news source #wikiwednesday
— Ron Mader (@ronmader) January 8, 2014
— Chris Lang (@reddmonitor) February 18, 2019