Pet Peeve = something that a person finds particularly annoying
- Tweets which are automatically posted from a Facebook account
- Error establishing a database connection
- Email with attachments
- Constant Contact
- Mailing lists
- People taking offense when I ask that they unsubscribe me from a mailing list
- The printer is not responding
- Database error
- Clicking ‘remember me’ to no avail
- session timeouts
- apple tv: inability to login on livestream
- Unreliable narrators
- How is ‘pet peeve’ rendered in other languages?
- What are your pet peeves?
- What are your technical/technology pet peeves?
- How do we talk about pet peeves?
- In respect to responsible travel, what are your pet peeves? = Con respecto al los viajes responsables, ¿cuáles son tus manías?
Also: Anonymous Market People and Named Photographers
In a week focused on love and compassion, today we are addressing some difficult questions during Responsible Travel Week. In respect to responsible travel, what are your pet peeves? = Con respecto al los viajes responsables, ¿cuáles son tus manías?
There are plenty of things we do not like, that stand in the way of progress. Let’s not be silent. One example – the way Anonymous Indians are used in tourism and conservation imagery. These unnamed people deserve better, particularly when they are friends. Some stories about Oaxaca postcards and the weavers of Teotitlán del Valle.
After a long day of crafting her wares of red clay, or barro rojo, Macrina, one of the head artisans in this remote Zapotec village inhabited strictly by women in Oaxaca’s Central Valleys, enjoys a moment of respite in her studio. She is the latest in a succession of over 12 generations of women working in this traditional craft, and the methods haven’t changed. Over the course of the day, she had let me look over every part of her process, starting with the hardened red clay dug up by hand in the nearby mountains, to the hand-forming, burnishing, and baking of the ceramics. Her finished pieces were stored here, and she shared her many fabulous creations with me with a beaming sense of pride and calm command of the room.
Please…..enough of the term 'bucket list' #FOF
— catherine mack (@catherinemack) April 26, 2013
— James P. Reza (@AuthenticVegas) July 12, 2014
Pet Peeves: Wikipedia does not accept firsthand information as a legitimate news source #wikiwednesday
— Ron Mader (@ronmader) January 8, 2014
— Chris Lang (@reddmonitor) February 18, 2019