Photography = the art or practice of taking and processing photographs.
Planeta.com is seeking examples of photography that connect locals and visitors, whether by seeking out instagrammable places to visit or by documenting and savoring local culture.
We are also keen on learning tips on digitizing photos and videos. For those of us who have undigitized pics, videos and reel-to-reel movies, what should we do?
Tips on tagging?
Bonus points for examples of responsible travel in practice when shared with the #rtweek18 hashtag during Responsible Travel Week, February 8-12.
- Are there times in which travelers can assist locals via photography?
- Can visitors help tell the story?
- Can visitors participate in the story?
- Are there events in which locals are empowered to connect with visitors in a positive, unscripted manner?
- How do we encourage non photographers to take pictures?
- How do we create activities that bring together locals and visitors?
- How do we use photography to stimulate sales of local crafts?
- Do travelers who take pictures of food care more about local food and people?
Mallarme said that everything in the world exists in order to end in a book. Today everything exists to end in a photograph. – Susan Sontag
It’s important to take bad pictures. – Diane Arbus