Resilience is the positive capacity to cope with stress and catastrophe
Roll with the punches
Resilience Science – Scientists around the world believe that we need to focus on ways of making our urban and natural environments more resilient.
Resilience – Imagine life, as you know it changes in an instant.
Toward a resilient future – Building resilience isn’t just about future security, it’s about building growth and prosperity.
Case studies included in Ecology and Society Special Feature Exploring Resilience in Social-Ecological Systems:
- Causse Méjan, France
- Coral reefs of the Caribbean
- Dry Spiny Forests, Southern Madagascar
- Everglades, Florida, USA
- Gorongosa National Park, Mozambique
- Goulburn-Broken Catchment, Australia
- Kristianstads Vattenrike, Sweden
- Mae Ping River Basin, Thailand
- Maine Fisheries, USA
- Malinau Region, Borneo
- Northern Highland Lakes District, Wisconsin, USA
- Phoenix, Arizona, USA
- Rangelands of New South Wales, Australia
- South-East Lowveld, Zimbabwe
- Western Australian Wheatbelt, Australia
Biodiversity – Change — climate – Crisis – Diversity – Energy – Flexibility – Limits – new orleans – Options – Psychology – Sustainability – Threshold – Tipping Point – World Conservation Congress
This past November, California experienced the most devastating wild fires in the state's history. Today, we join together w/ @SierraNevada & more than 1,400 breweries in support of the Camp Fire Relief Fund with the very special badge.https://t.co/g9ldE1JoPa pic.twitter.com/y5wr39dkAh
— Untappd (@untappd) December 17, 2018