The meeting helps build the agenda for the upcoming CBD COP14.
SBSTTA-22 will consider the following agenda items:
- Digital sequence information on genetic resources
- Risk assessment and risk management of living modified organisms
- Synthetic biology
- Updated scientific assessment of progress towards selected Aichi Biodiversity Targets and options for accelerating progress
- Protected areas and other measures for enhanced conservation and management
- Marine and coastal biodiversity: ecologically or biologically significant marine areas, addressing anthropogenic underwater noise and marine debris, biodiversity in cold-water areas and marine spatial planning
- Biodiversity and climate change: ecosystem-based approaches to climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction
- Invasive alien species
- Conservation and sustainable use of pollinators
- Second work programme of the Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
Questions for #SBSTTA2018
- Is there a directory of participants?
- Do meetings have livestreaming and recorded video? (See https://www.facebook.com/pg/UNBiodiversity/videos)
- Are relevant documents, presentations and publications available online?
- Is anyone reporting on the event?
- What is on the agenda for COP14?
- Focusing on biodiversity, how are we improving communication, education and public awareness?
- What would locals like visitors to know about Montreal?