The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) hosts its General Assembly for its 22nd session in Chengdu, China, a global meeting of senior tourism officials and high-level representatives worldwide September 11-16, 2017. Hashtag: #UNWTOGAChina
This year’s 22nd session, the second in China and the sixth in the Asia and the Pacific region, will be attended by delegates from +150 countries and representatives from +500 UNWTO Affiliate Members representing public and private organizations, destinations, NGOs and educational institutions.
2017 is the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development (IYSTD), an invaluable opportunity to broadcast to a global, high-level audience the potential of our sector to deliver on the Global Goals. In line with this, the 22nd session of the General Assembly is themed “Tourism and the Sustainable Development Goals – Journey to 2030”.
In practical matters, the 22nd session of the assembly will elect a new secretary general to replace Taleb Rifai whose term will be coming to an end.
The Assembly is requested to take note of and endorse the open-ended Recommendations of the World Committee on Tourism Ethics on the Responsible Use of Ratings and Reviews on Digital Platforms.
- Who is reporting from the event?
- See cvent.com
- Will the event have livestreaming and recorded video?
- How would you evaluate the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development?
- In this Year of Open, how well do tourism officials make data and reports accessible to the public?
- Is there a directory of participants?
- See the provisional list
- In addition to following the hashtag, any suggestions for remote participants?
— World Tourism Organization (@UNWTO) September 13, 2017
— Teresa Sham (@ShamTeresa) September 13, 2017
— Autoridad de Turismo (@ATP_panama) September 13, 2017
— Oliver Martin (@OliMartin) September 13, 2017