Announcement: October 28-31 Wildlife tourism values and challenges: balancing the needs of wildlife, tourists, operators and residents (Tasmania)
Too often we consider the needs of tourists or tour operators only, and when needs of the animals themselves or the needs of local human residents are considered, there is much emotional opinion but too little evidence. WTA is bringing together delegates and presenters from varied backgrounds to discuss the issues, the pros and the cons of different approaches to tourism, where it can have positive and negative impact on individual animals (welfare), populations of animals (conservation, education), local residents (economic boost, other advantages, nuisance value) and how to best fit this in with what tourists want (or adjust accordingly) and what tourist operators need in order to keep operating.
Tweets by wildlife_aus
- Is there a directory of Wildlife Tourism Australia members?
- Is there a directory of participants registered for the October wildlife tourism conference?
- Which Wildlife Tourism Australia members have pages on Facebook? Twitter? YouTube?
- Will the 2018 conference have live and recorded video?
- What is the hashtag for the 2018 conference? #WildlifeTourism2018 ?
- Would Wildlife Tourism Australia like Planeta.com to assist as an official media partner of the event?
Wildlife Tourism Australia – http://www.wildlifetourism.org.au – is a national organization promoting the sustainable development of a diverse wildlife tourism industry that supports conservation.