Questions = Preguntas
- Who writes and tweets about air pollution? = ¿Quién escribe y tuitea sobre la contaminación del aire?
- For those keen on learning about air quality, what are the examples of public monitoring? = Para aquellos interesados en aprender sobre la calidad del aire, ¿cuáles son los ejemplos de monitoreo público?
Air Pollution facts:
- 92 percent of people worldwide do not breathe clean air
- Air pollution costs the global economy $5 trillion every year in welfare costs
- Ground-level ozone pollution is expected to reduce staple crop yields by 26 percent by 2030
Press Release: China to host World Environment Day 2019 on air pollution
China will host the global World Environment Day celebrations on June 5, 2019 with a theme of air pollution.
Approximately 7 million people worldwide die prematurely each year from air pollution, with about 4 million of these deaths occurring in Asia-Pacific. World Environment Day 2019 will urge governments, industry, communities, and individuals to come together to explore renewable energy and green technologies, and improve air quality in cities and regions across the world.
The Government of China has committed to organizing World Environment Day celebrations across multiple cities, with Hangzhou, in the province of Zhejiang, to host the main event.
Clean air is important to us. That’s why we’re participating in @UNEnvironment’s #MaskChallenge. Tweet a photo of yourself wearing a mask to show that you’re taking action to #BeatAirPollution and tag us! #WorldEnvironmentDay pic.twitter.com/asME4JE7It
— Environment Canada (@environmentca) May 24, 2019
5️⃣ reasons to #BeatAirPollution:
1. Polluted air is creating a health emergency
2. Children are most at risk
3. Pollution & poverty go hand in hand
4. The cheaper the fuels, the higher the costs
5. The right to clean air is a human righthttps://t.co/al0APkYnCm
— UN Environment Programme (@UNEP) June 4, 2019
World Environment Question: For those keen on learning about air quality, what are examples of public monitoring? = Para aquellos interesados en aprender sobre la calidad del aire, ¿cuáles son ejemplos de monitoreo público? https://t.co/JP7zYohg3y
@UNEnvironment #BeatAirPollution pic.twitter.com/li30kTzJn3
— planetanews (@planetanews) June 4, 2019